Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anyone have legal advice for retrieving unclaimed money from the Secretary of State? It belonged to my aunt

It belonged to my aunt. I found out it was also owned by her husband (my uncle by marriage) who is also deceased. He has 1 son still living from a previous marriage. The state said if I am his heir, I should send in his death certificate. Do you think I would be awarded this money?Anyone have legal advice for retrieving unclaimed money from the Secretary of State? It belonged to my aunt
If you are supposed to have the money as stated in her will, then you should have it. If she didn't specify anyone in particular, then it goes to the state. Anyone have legal advice for retrieving unclaimed money from the Secretary of State? It belonged to my aunt
Depends on who died last, aunt or uncle and what the probated will states. You will need a copy of the will and death certificates for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment