Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marrying in USA and need legal advice?

Hello,





I am from Canada and met my boyfriend in USA . I came to USA to get married with him. he told me that the lawyer said I have to be in USA for 3 months and then we can get married . is that true or he is just trying to buy some times for himself ? because If he is just making this up , I don't see any point of staying because obviously he was not sure about his decision when he asked me to join him and move to USA.please help .Marrying in USA and need legal advice?
Im not quite sure. I dont think you have to live in the US for any length of time to get married. I think you just have to make sure you file papers with immigration so that they know you plan to be a US citizen. Dont marry a man you don't know though. And why would you not want to live with him for 3 months before the wedding? Are you marrying a man you dont know? That is never a good idea.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment