Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal advice regarding a car situation?

Recently my car was put into a auto shop to due to the Igintion Cylinder needing to be replaced. Well When the car was taken to the shop the mechanics there couldn't find a problem (my boyfriend and co owner of car was the one handling) Well I late that day had mentioned that the security light was blinking off and on, this was relaid back to the mechanic and they found problem, prior to my boyfriend telling them this they could not find a problem, They did not work on my car at all so they say. Well the auto shop told us that is was going to be $640 for then to put in the part and all the work they did. Also if we did not want them to do anything to the car then we sould have to pay $359 for us to get the car out with no work done, Coming from a family where my father knows about cars and car repair which is the person who would always fixed my car in AZ, we live to FL so he can't fix the car anymore, Anyway he said that if they would have turnned on the car and looked at the gages then they would have known right away, They towed the car there at 10:30am and didn't find the problem until after my boyfriend told them about the security light that turnned on (I thought it was a dummy light because it was blinking off and on for a month) Which the time was around 3:30pm The other thing was that they did not have consent from either myself or my boyfriend but had consent from his mother and grandfather to go ahead and fix the car and the price came down to $540. Before I knew that his family had done this stupid thing, I was calling around for estimates on how much the part was first place I called was the Chevorlet Dealership which the parts department quoted me the part was $187 and change and the service department quoted me $102 dollars for labor and coding the part. Then I called Pepboys and they told me that they do not sell the part because it needs to be taken to the dealership so that they can recode the part. So my question is do I have a case? Either way the auto shop is fixing the car because of his family. So as of right now we have to pay the $540. What should we do?Legal advice regarding a car situation?
To be honest, go ahead and pay the bill. The garage has already towed the car to their shop, and have been given the go ahead to do the work. It is a bad situation, but there is no use in getting a lawyer involved and then losing the case and having to pay the lawyer too.





Just write it off, and go on. At least now your car works again. It is just one of those things. Next time this would happen, make sure you and your BF get together and agree on what you are going to do about the problem. good luck.Legal advice regarding a car situation?
check around first next time before taking it to a shop or having it towed consider it a life lesson god created the phone book long time ago and it might not be fair but it will cost you more to hire a lawyer and fight them even then there is no sure way you would win plus your car is being fixed or is fixed so just pay it
If you believe you are in the right, and that the shop has genuinely pulled a fast one on you, your first step is to file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair, they will attempt to resolve the problem through mediation, if no resolution can be reached, your final step would be to file a small claims court hearing and the judge decides who's in the right. It's very inexpensive to file in small claims court, and no lawyers are required or allowed in small claims court, hope this helps.


George

No comments:

Post a Comment