Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I did something bad at work and i need legal advice...?

I worked for a company for 2 years. and my mom died a year ago and when she died i started to ring things out without ringing it up. i did this for a year and i was really depressed im only 22. i have never done anything wrong to get in to trouble with the law my whole life. now im scared and i kno i have to change. i cant belive i got so depressed. anyways i got a letter today saying that i owe 10,000. i cant do that. i can make payments but not in full. my sisters husband is a lawyer and he said its a fourth degree felonie and i will probaly get probation.. if i go to court. im confused and scared cause im not that person anymore and im better and happier and im over the fact that my mother died and i kno i deserve some punishment. ive beat myself up for it so many times... i jus want someone to hinestly let me kno that I am not going to jail. since this is the first and last time i have ever done something like this


please help meI did something bad at work and i need legal advice...?
My first piece of advice would be to consult a lawyer, but you have done that and are still not sure. I am not a lawyer, but I do know a little about the law.





You can go to jail, there is no doubt about it.


If you are honestly ashamed about your crimes and you want to at least try to make payments then you can get probation. Think about it, if you are in jail you can't make any money to pay what you owe. If you are free and want to make payments then the company has at least a chance of recovering part of its losses.





Since, you don't have a criminal record the judge will be more likely to let you off on probation. If you start making some payments before trial then the chances improve. Your sister's husband gave you some advice, I strongly suggest that you get him to help you and even appear at trial with you.





Without a lawyer you don't have the knowledge or power to make a decent deal and you have a good chance of ending up in jail.





If you get probation, an it is more likely for a crime like this than other criminal acts, then part of that probation requirement will probably be a threat of a jail sentence if you DON'T make payments.I did something bad at work and i need legal advice...?
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you did the crime...either pay or do the time...funny if you were so honest why doesn't your Lawyer brother-in-law lwnd you the money?
If you show true sincerity, they might just let you off the hook.





I know I had done one thing that was really...uh...stupid...and the cops did not ticket me or anything. They even filed it as not my fault. Why? Because they could tell I was a nice person by looking at my records.There was nothing wrong on it.





I believe you when you say you have done nothing bad and if a judge can take that into consideration that everyone makes mistakes, then maybe he will let you with minimum price. (Like making you pay 500 dollars a month to the company.) Then you forget it and move on.





Good luck, hun and I hope it works out.
Nobody can tell you that you won't go to jail. The best anyone can say is what your brother-in-law told you. You will probably get probation and will have to make a payment agreement. If you refuse the payment agreement, or can't make sufficient payments as determined by the judge, you will go to jail. It will help if you can get a psychiatric evaluation and enter that report into the court record.

No comments:

Post a Comment