Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I get legal advice without hiring a lawyer?

I need to talk to someone about a NCP not returning the children after summer vacation as agreed. What are MY rights?Where can I get legal advice without hiring a lawyer?
I'm a family law attorney - I can give you general advice...e-mail me what is going on and what state you are in.





The procedure is generally the same - you get an emergency hearing in court demanding return of the children, and if he doesn't show then the police get involved for parental kidnapping. If you need more specifics, like I said, e-mail me.





This really isn't something you should do without an attorney though.Where can I get legal advice without hiring a lawyer?
Contact Legal aid.. or Human Resources.. or attorney that is pro bono.. legal aid can tell u about them.
Look up your state's laws online.





All of them have a family law section online....





Make a police report ASAP with custody agreement in hand... It is illegal to interfere with custody until after a lawsuit has been filed in court. and served on other parent.......





Good luck!
Many companies benefits offer alternative services such as legal aid- it will typically be in with those services like substance abuse, etc. I would check there.
Call legal aid
I'm really really sorry. This is a problem for me too. More like the limits are always pushed . I hope you can get help from the police if it goes on because that's kidnapping. What a difficult situation. I am certain Hoosier law will back you there is legal protection for the kids sake post-divorce here and calling your local children's advocacy may help. I am a michiana mom whose kids have to travel 900 miles away every summer. It's awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment