Monday, August 23, 2010

Legal Advice - Non Receipt of salary from previous employer?

Hi, I have resigned from a job recently after a heated discussion, my employer made a commitment that he would send my salary. but he has not.


I have a appointment letter on my email from the official mail id.


I have a copy of receipt book having my sign on bills, which can prove i was an employee of the company.





can i take any legal action?if so plz suggestLegal Advice - Non Receipt of salary from previous employer?
Assuming you are in the US, refer to the US Department of Labor, Wage and Hours division:





specifically: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/lastp鈥?/a>





Last Paycheck





Employers are not required by federal law to give former employees their final paycheck immediately. Some states, however, may require immediate payment. If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department.





The Department also has mechanisms in place for the recovery of back wages.Legal Advice - Non Receipt of salary from previous employer?
Contact your state Dept of Labor %26amp; file a complaint. They handle things like this.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment