Monday, August 23, 2010

Divorced dad needs legal advice regarding visitation requirements?

Ok i share joint custody with my exwife but she is the custodial parent who i pay child support to. I get my son every other weekend.The problem is i need to go away on a work issue and need to switch weekends with her but she has ';plans'; and refuses to help me out. My question is can she ';legally'; make me get my son that weekend? I have asked everyone i know to help me out but no one can watch him and i can't take him with me. The only problem i see is we signed in our custody agreement what days we would be responsible for.Can she still hold me to it?Divorced dad needs legal advice regarding visitation requirements?
No. Fortunately or unfortunately, visitation is a right given to the parent. You can refuse to pickup child, with virtually no problems. However you are not entitled to make up time, unless the other parent agrees to give it to you.Divorced dad needs legal advice regarding visitation requirements?
Probably the thing to do is talk to your lawyer. You both signed the custody agreement, I think she can hold you to it. I feel that she is being a bit unreasonable to not help you out because you have to work, but it happens all the time with people. I would ask a lawyer about it. Maybe make a new custody agreement to prevent her from sticking you in a jam when your work interferes with your weekend with your son. Good luck with this.
unfortunately yes. I am sorry but you signed and it sounds like she won't let you

No comments:

Post a Comment