Thursday, August 19, 2010

Looking for legal advice in an hiring issue which I think I was discriminated?

If you feel that you were discriminated in hiring you could possibly file a complaint with the EEOC or your local office of the dept. of labor. Understand that you would have to be able to prove that they discriminated against you for a protected class (sex, religion, marital status, political, etc.) It can't just be your word against the employers.Looking for legal advice in an hiring issue which I think I was discriminated?
Here is my legal advice:





More than likely you weren't discriminated against, just not as qualified as the person they actually hired.





Contact your state department of labor to file a complaint and see what they have to say.





In the meantime, move on, and keep looking.





Good luckLooking for legal advice in an hiring issue which I think I was discriminated?
If you live in the UK, you can get free legal advice from national Law Centres. They deal with matters of discrimination. See link to find your nearest law centre.


http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/lawcentres/detail/find/
how were you ';discriminated';? Was it because you can't write a simple sentence, because you didn't give full and descriptive answers to their questions, or because you cannot grasp legal concepts?
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is who handles such complaints and can give you a lot of advice.
If you elaborate, I may be able to give you an opinion. I worked with corporate lawyers for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment