Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need legal advice. I am not legally divorced and my daughter has lived with me since she was.?

a year and a half she is now going to be four next month. Here is what I need help on he has filed for full custody I really think it is only because he wants to avoid child support. Help I know this is pretty vague but I need to know what to do. I am scared he will take her for me I don't have money to afford a lawyer what are my chances of success if I represent myself.I need legal advice. I am not legally divorced and my daughter has lived with me since she was.?
Assuming you have been a good and responsible parent, probably pretty close to 100%.





The court almost never disturbs the current custody arrangement. When a child has resided with one parent for her entire life and that parent is the one who takes care of all the day-to-day needs of the child, it is almost certain that this is the parent who will be name the primary residential parent.





Additionally, it is very uncommon for judges to order overnight visits for young children unless overnight visits are a part of the normal routine.





You can absolutely do this by yourself. Family court judges are very sympathetic toward people who don't have lawyers. You need to file a proposed parenting plan right away. (If you go to the website for your local superior court, you should be able to find the ';Forms'; section.)





As long as both of you are decent, reasonable people, it is likely that you will receive ';joint'; custody but you will have primary physical custody.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment