Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can someone give me legal advice?

How do you get divorced from one parent that has custody of you? My parents are divorced and my mom has custody and I want to live with my dad.Can someone give me legal advice?
You can petition the court...with your father's help and cooperation...to be emancipated from your mother's care and live with your father. The court pays attention to the preference of offspring, and the closer you are to age 17 the more attention they'll pay that preference.Can someone give me legal advice?
First, if you want legal advise, you need to consult a lawyer. If you want general advise, this is a good forum for that. But any advise you get here is not considered legal advise.





What you are talking about is just a modification in the custody order. Talk to your father, and if he is willing to do so, he would have to file for a change in the custody order with the courts. You cna have a say in the court, and it will be considered. But in the end, the court will do whatever it feels is in your best interest.
Ask your mom, she has to agree to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment