Thursday, July 29, 2010

Legal advice,Please! If a gal scams me and I stop payment on a check, am I liable for returned check fees?

I went to my friend's house at the end of an ';Adult'; Party and purchased some products(in a back room for privacy)After the transaction was complete, I rejoined my friend's, who were cleaning up. The sales rep. came up and said she had given me the wrong scent of a spray, and reached into my bag and switched the one in it with another,then she left(rather fast). When I got home I saw that the can she'd switched was half empty. The next morning, I stopped payment on the check reasoning that if the Rep. was dishonest enough to switch the spray so brazenly in front of witnesses, that she was probably brazen enough to lie and say that I used the product and I felt she would refuse to replace it. Would I be liable for the returned check fee? Also, if the transaction was complete(or all sales final as she's so fond of saying) and she took the spray from my bag, would that by definition be stealing? What recourse do I have legally?Legal advice,Please! If a gal scams me and I stop payment on a check, am I liable for returned check fees?
Tell em you the check was for sex but she never gave you any! Anything else and you are liable for it.Legal advice,Please! If a gal scams me and I stop payment on a check, am I liable for returned check fees?
The only fee is the stop payment fee unless your bank has other charges%26gt;I hope the spray was worth the expences of the bank%26gt;???Unless she presses charges%26gt;??
The first thing I would do is talk to my friend that had the party. Explain everything to her. Also tell her you stopped payment on the check because you are so upset at what this person did to you.





Then let it go. You have 3 days to change your mind about any purchase. It is called a ';cooling off period';. There is nothing wrong with stopping payment if you return the merchandise you purchased from her.





Don't worry about an attorney or anything else because if this person did it to you, she has done it to others.





If the rep calls you %26amp; says she is sorry, she made a mistake. Tell her to drop off a full bottle with your friend %26amp; you will pay her AFTER you pick it up.
you wont be responsible for any returned check charges and you should contact the company she works for and file a complaint against her Did you tell your friend what she did since it was her party she should know how you were treated
You can get free legal advice on websites like LawGuru, FindLaw. Check this out for more info http://www.uelp.org/freelegal.html
see the police and fill out a report on a scam-then they should notify the prosecutor of the crime and s/he will investigate the case--you are the victim in this case-if she is questioned and says what you think she will say that you used it then a judge will have to decide the matter and if you are charged a fee explain to the bank what happened a fraud existed against you-do not really think she will press charges??interesting to say the least

No comments:

Post a Comment