Saturday, July 31, 2010

Legal Advice - Body shop working on my car - Didn't sign anything?

I dropped off my car at an auto body shop so they can give me an estimate. They faxed me a preliminary estimate and said they will start on the car. They sent me a second preliminary estimate (to adjust a few things) and after comparing the two, he added and removed stuff that wasn't discussed over the phone. Now he started working on the car after the very suspicious second estimate.





What can I legally do?Legal Advice - Body shop working on my car - Didn't sign anything?
In my state, California, they can't do anything you don't authorize. A body shop often can't figure out what needs to be done until they start disemboweling the car.Legal Advice - Body shop working on my car - Didn't sign anything?
I would highly consider getting a Pre-Paid Legal membership. They help millions with this type of stuff everyday, you will get paired up with a lawfirm in Cali that knows Cali law and tell you your rights as far as what the mechanic can or cannot get away with. They will make calls or write letters on your behalf if the shop did something to take advantage of you, the membership can pay for itself with once incident.





Good luck!





www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/Deniserooker
A verbal ';ok'; is just as good as a contract.





If you didn't authorize the work, tell him to stop or you will bring the police to get your car back.

No comments:

Post a Comment