Thursday, July 29, 2010

Convoluted Legal Advice regarding Restraining Orders?

Can my 17yr old girlfriend's dad get a restraining order against me, over 18, against her will in the state of Georgia. He absolutely hates me and has flown off the handle threatening all kinds of legal action. I think he's bluffing and doesn't have a leg to stand on, since I haven't done anything and my girlfriend loves, but I want to see what recourse either of us has.Convoluted Legal Advice regarding Restraining Orders?
the only thing he can do is keep you away from his houseConvoluted Legal Advice regarding Restraining Orders?
Restraining order probably isn't likely But he can ban you from his house, if you step one foot in there after he's made it clear you're not welcome, then you are setting your self up for a trip to jail for trespassing.





You do not have any recourse. She is a minor and still lives in his house. Her will doesn't matter in the least. He can dictate who she can date and who she can't. If she doesn't like that, she can find her own place to live on her 18th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment