Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need legal advice and have no money?

I am going through a divorce and my soon to be ex wife will not let me see my son. I need to know what options I have to aproch her in a legal way. She is also wanting to take my son out of state


I need legal advice and have no money?
Depending on your financial situation, you may be able to take part in your county's free legal clinic. If you meet the income requirements, you are set. but in any event, all divorce paperwork is available online, check for that and get a fee waiver (you should be able to download that as well), get it into the court ASAP. the moment that is enacted, it is under the courts' jurisdiction. Make sure you include something in there that says she can't move more than 50 miles or whatever. Also, it is dependent if she has a restraining order against you, which you would know about since you would have had to have been served by a third party. Good luck, I just went through the exact same thing.I need legal advice and have no money?
Custody is an issue to be decided at the divorce hearing,


as is taking the child 'out of State'.


Unless she can show good reason, she cannot deny you


the right to see your child for a reasonable amount of time.


Without a lawyer, you under a considerable disadvantage.


Is there a legal aid office in your area?


Look them up.
Here's some advice. Take the kid in your arms and say 'bagsie'.
Give Jason the 10 pts. He is absolutely right. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment