Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need legal advice regarding property law?

Please only reply if you are educated in this area or know from experience. A friend of my sister's moved our stuff into storage for us and for some reason, put it in his name. He said to pay him whatever we thought was fair, for his labor. I sent him rent money for the first month and for a lock. Since then, I've been sending the rent directly to the storge unit for the past few months. Recently, I had some extra money to get my stuff out of storage. We called to let him know we needed the key and told him we'd be able to pay him the next week. He refused to give us the key or sign over the unit, til we paid him for his labor. I agreed to pay him $150, even though that would make it impossible for me to move my stuff that weekend. He surprised me by saying he deserved $500. After much arguing, he is now demanding $250, which I can't afford. Is there any way I can take him to court and retrieve my things? He owns nothing in the unit %26amp; hasn't paid a cent toward it.I need legal advice regarding property law?
you can take him to small claims court and demand the return of your things plus court costs. Unless you have a written agreement to pay him for his labor, you really don't owe him anything.I need legal advice regarding property law?
You can get free legal advice on websites like LawGuru, FindLaw. Check this out for more info http://www.uelp.org/freelegal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment