Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need legal advice regarding not receiving my final paycheck in a timely matter. (Oregon)?

My final last day of employment was on 11/13/08. I just NOW received my final paycheck on 01/23/09. I already filed a complaint with the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries. This has been so frustrating, what else can I do legally?Need legal advice regarding not receiving my final paycheck in a timely matter. (Oregon)?
I haven't had employees in Oregon for years so I don't recall the state law on this. But I can't think of a state that allows the employer more than 30 days to pay someone. Given this, you have done all you can do. Don't expect an immediate response from the State. It will take them awhile to look into the situation. The best you can hope as an outcome is that the employer has to ';make you whole'; which means the state implies a calculation to what you would have earned (through investments etc.) or lost (loss of buying power) during the time you didn't have the money. The employer would have to pay you this.





The employer may also be fined. But you don't see that money the state does.
  • natural beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment