Saturday, July 31, 2010

How can I keep an 18 year old guy away from my 14 year old daughter? Any legal advice?

I have a 14 year old that is crazy about a 18 year old. He lives in a group home and any lil' chance she gets she calls him. I had to change my home# and I keep my cell phone locked up because she ran up my bill to 600.00. I heard I can do some legal action against him once he turns 18 but my daughter looks for him and he responds to her. I'm afraid she'll run off with him.Please help! A mom that loves her lil' girl:)How can I keep an 18 year old guy away from my 14 year old daughter? Any legal advice?
It sounds to me like you need to get control over your daughter not him. She is the one calling him and you are going to get him in trouble with the law? Your daughter is 14, you are still the mother, take charge and tell her not to speak to him anymore, do what ever it takes to put a stop to that relationship.How can I keep an 18 year old guy away from my 14 year old daughter? Any legal advice?
its not all just because ';your the mother';..she is a person too and there's more understanding thats needs to be done than just ';controling her'; it kind of makes me sick to control some one like that

Report Abuse



In most states he can be charged with statutory rape but I'm not sure how it works, a friend of mine had a bf when we were younger that her mom did that to him. But a piece of advice think about when you were that young the more your parents told you not to do something the more you wanted to do it. I think that if you allow her to talk to him with restrictions at least you can have some control over the situation. Good Luck
Some girls are attracted to older guys and find them more mature, and they're also attracted to the ';underdogs'; because they think they're more sensitive than other guys.


Is her father in the picture? If he isn't, she might also seek him out as a father figure. My sister is attracted to the bad boys probably because we do not have a good father figure as a role model. Or she's just rebelling.





If the guy is in a group home, does that mean he has health problems or something like that? I agree with the above comments, if she is seeking him out then I would try to put some restrictions on how much she sees him...like if she wants to hang out with him, make sure that there are other people around, and that she can't stay out past a certain time, that sort of thing. I would also call the police and ask them how you should handle it, you might not be able to get a restraining order until he breaks the law. I would also talk to your daughter and ask her why she likes to go around with him, and then tell her how you feel about it.
It does not matter his age. He is still acting like a criminal. Call the police. Your daugther is underage.





You can get a restraining order also.
i was just like your daughter, and we still talk. you shouldn't grounder, that will make her mad and she could leave your house, which is something you don't want. just talk to her and tell her how you feel, tell her that a guy like him wants something more than a relationship (which is true, and also what happened to me). what you CAN do is put a restriction order, but keep in mind that if you do do this, your daughter might be mad, or get mad at you. Just tell her how you really feel and you don't want her to get hurt. Find out where your daughter sees him, and try to do something so they won't see each other.





ps im 16 and he's now 21
have you tried to get a restraining order, contact your local police dept
Call the cops!
If she's the one seeking him, then you don't have any legal stand. As long as he's not doing anything, he's safe.





How about allowing her to talk to him, with expicit conditions. This way, you have some control on the situation. You're better off knowing what they are upto, than you guessing whne they sneak around, right?
If your daughter loves this boy, there isn't much you can do. Restricting her from seeing/talking to him is what will cause her to run off with him. Try talking to her about this and discuss some of your concerns.
Treathen him. Tell your daughter the risk of being with an 18 year old. You have every right to be worried and it sounds like you are a great mother for caring. I know someone like your daughter and it didn't end good. Just tell her to be carefull and not to naive.
call the cops put her in military school

No comments:

Post a Comment